Counselling / Psychotherapy in Hampton and Kingston
In my late teens I was intrigued by social injustice, the human condition and the human mind. I decided I wanted to be a psychologist. This professional journey took over a decade and along the way life also happened (loss, new beginnings, endings). I believe, this journey, with its ups and downs, inspired and shaped me into a grounded, astute and empathetic psychologist.
I am a qualified counselling psychologist with over 13 years experience of working in mental health in private settings and for the National Health Service (NHS). I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and a member of The British Psychological Society (BPS) and adhere to their professional codes of conduct. I provide counselling, psychotherapy and coaching in my consultation rooms in Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey and in Hampton, Middlesex. I work with individuals, couples and families and specialise in psychological wellbeing, relationship issues, depression, Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), psychological and emotional abuse, trauma, attachment and parenting. My extensive professional experience allows me to draw from various psychological theories and models during therapy. Alongside of this, I have lived a colourful life and overcome personal challenges which allows me to be more humane, empathetic and grounded with my clients
I place respect, empathy and integrity at the core of my professional work. I admire my client’s courage and believe everyone has the potential to learn, grow and adjust if they receive good support and guidance. I offer welcoming consultations rooms in Hampton and Kingston upon Thames and a professional yet friendly service to my clients.
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, City, University of London. Doctoral research ‘The overview effect and counselling psychology’.
- Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology, City, University of London
- Masters Degree in Forensic Psychology, Middlesex University
- Undergraduate Degree in Psychology, Roehampton University
- British Isles Intensive Advanced Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Training
- Intensive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Course, Priory Hospital
- Noreen Tehrani Associates Trauma Assessment Training.
- I am a fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures, and Commerce (RSA)
- I am a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and registered as practitioner psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- I have presented at the British Psychological Society (BPS) conference 2016, the Overview Effect Symposium in Netherlands 2017, International Transpersonal conference in Prague 2017.
- I gave a TEDx Talk called the therapeutic value of the Overview Effect
- I was interviewed by BBC 4 ‘All in the Mind’ programme on the therapeutic value of the Overview Effect and virtual reality’
- I was interviewed for The Scotsman newspaper on the Overview Effect and the impact of space flight
- I wrote an article in ‘The Conversation’ online paper on the therapeutic value of the Overview Effect
- I was interviewed by ‘The Pulse’ radio programme on the Overview Effect
My consultation rooms are based in Hampton and Kingston-upon-Thames, I also offer online / Skype therapy for people with busy schedules or who are located in other towns or cities. If you are looking for a confidential space to explore some of the things worrying you please contact me. I offer a empathetic and non-judgemental ear, a welcoming and friendly service, and professional support and guidance to help you move beyond some of your problems.
Please Contact me to arrange a free 30 minute telephone consultation or to schedule in a face-to-face therapy session.